Sr. Manager / Manager Procurement – World Bank Compliance
|Position:||Sr. Manager/Manager Procurement – World Bank Compliance|
|Reports to:||Senior Management & Heads of the Department|
AUW seeks a highly competent and ethical procurement specialist with at least ten years of experience to oversee and manage the procurement of goods and services for the World Bank/IDA financed campus construction project. A thorough knowledge of the Bangladesh Government and World Bank procurement rules are necessary. In accordance with AUW rules, the incumbent will have to declare personal assets prior to joining AUW.
We seek a person who is committed to highest ethical standards and developing a system that is as full-proof as possible to corruption and waste through appropriate accountability mechanisms.
The Procurement Manager with World Bank compliance is responsible for overseeing and managing the procurement activities of a university, ensuring that they are in line with the guidelines and regulations set forth by the World Bank. This role involves coordinating the procurement process, evaluating suppliers, and ensuring transparency and fairness in all procurement transactions. The Procurement Manager plays a critical role in maintaining the integrity of the procurement process and ensuring compliance with funding requirements from the World Bank.
- Develop and implement procurement plans and strategies in accordance with the World Bank procurement guidelines.
- Collaborate with various departments within the university to identify their procurement needs and requirements.
- Assess market conditions and trends to determine the most effective procurement approaches
Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Identify potential suppliers and evaluate their capabilities, track record, and financial stability.
- Conduct competitive bidding processes, including preparing bid documents, evaluating bids, and recommending suppliers.
- Negotiate and finalize procurement contracts and agreements with selected suppliers.
Compliance with World Bank Guidelines
- Ensure that all procurement activities comply with the World Bank’s procurement policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of World Bank procurement regulations and keep up to date with any changes or updates.
- Advise university staff and stakeholders on World Bank compliance requirements and provide training as needed.
Procurement Process Management
- Oversee the entire procurement process, from requisition to contract award and delivery.
- Monitor procurement activities to ensure compliance with established procedures and regulations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date procurement records, including contracts, purchase orders, and supplier information.
- Identify and mitigate procurement-related risks, such as conflicts of interest, fraud, and non-compliance.
- Conduct regular audits and reviews to assess the effectiveness of procurement processes and controls.
- Implement corrective actions and improvements to address any identified issues or weaknesses.
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as department heads, faculty, and finance teams, to understand their procurement needs and provide guidance.
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including suppliers, vendors, and the World Bank, to ensure effective communication and compliance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related discipline. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles, practices, and regulations, especially those set by the World Bank.
- Previous experience in procurement management, preferably in a university or educational institution setting.
- Familiarity with World Bank procurement guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent understanding of contract management, negotiation, and supplier evaluation processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess risks and make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with the ability to manage multiple procurement projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools.
- Relevant certifications, such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Professional in Public Procurement (CPPP), are a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Attractive salary. Housing facilities is available for the candidates outside Chittagong. Other benefits as per AUW policy.
Applications should consist of a CV detailing relevant qualifications and experience, full employment history and achievements. Send your CV with copy of certificates and name of at least 3 references accompanied by a covering letter describing briefly how candidates meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, why the appointment is of interest and what they believe they can bring to the role addressing to email@example.com. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.