Scholarships & Financial Aid
AUW strives to meet the demonstrated financial need of each admitted student and offers full and partial scholarships based on each student’s financial circumstances. Full scholarships cover tuition, room and board, course supplies, primary healthcare, and international travel*.
Currently 85% of AUW students receive scholarship support.
Evaluation & Eligibility Criteria
To apply for scholarships and financial aid, applicants must submit one or more of the following documents:
- Financial aid application (Self Assessment Form)
- Bank statements
- Tax return documents
- Salary certificates of salaried parent(s)
- Information from a third party source(s) as needed
- Other document(s)/information as the committee deems necessary.
The University will also consider other aspects of a student’s financial background, including:
- Family composition
- Education level of the parent(s)
- Job(s) and profession(s) of the earning members of the family
- The level of income of the parent(s)/guardian(s) (i.e., salary, business income, investment income, rental income, total household income, etc.)
- The earnings of any supporting member(s) of the family (i.e., siblings)
- Number of non-earning dependents
- Movable and immovable properties in terms of market value at the present rates
- Community’s comment on the socio-economic condition/status of the family
- The school the student and/or her siblings attended prior to coming to AUW in terms of the educational costs for attending those schools
- Socio-economic situation of the geographical area where the student’s family resides
- Luxury items owned by the student and her family
The Financial Aid Committee shall have the right to investigate and verify all the information and documents submitted by the applicants in order to determine the size and scope of a student’s financial assistance package. All financial aid awards are assessed prior to the beginning of each academic program (i.e., Pathways for Promise, Access Academy, or the Undergraduate Program). Transfer students are ineligible for financial aid.
Students have to maintain a CGPA of 2.0 each year to maintain financial aid; financial aid will be renewed annually until graduation from AUW. A student cannot apply for any increase in the financial aid after she has started at AUW unless a major event occurred that severely changed her family’s financial situation. Please keep in mind that any approval of such increase in financial aid later in the program will be a rare occurrence.
Only one member of a family is eligible for Full Scholarship /Financial Aid at AUW.
*Travel grants may be awarded to international students who qualify for financial assistance. A travel grant is limited to a one-way ticket to Chittagong and a ticket home after graduation from AUW. Students seeking support for travel home during intermediate summers may engage in the AUW work-study program and earn money towards travel.
Work Study / On Campus Employment
The AUW Work Study Program provides AUW students the opportunity to develop professional skills and earn wages while they are students on campus. This program also:
- assists students in developing a positive attitude toward work
- teaches students good work habits and time management skills
- enhances students’ sense of responsibility
- provides students with valuable learning experience while doing worthwhile work
- meets the needs of the University in performing day-to-day operations
To be eligible for Work Study, a student must maintain good academic standing and must be a full-time undergraduate student (enrolled in at least three 4-credit courses each semester). Students facing academic actions such as Academic Probation will not be allowed to hold a work study position unless approved by the Director of Student Services.
If you have any queries about the Work Study Program, please visit or contact the Office of Student Activities:
Office of Student Activities
Asian University for Women
20H Room #107, 20/A M.M. Ali Road
Chittagong, Bangladesh 4000
Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 9:00 – 17:00 (closed on national holidays)