- Provide all types of library services to the patrons of the university library at the library’s information/circulation counter.
- Perform all types of accessioning and cataloging works.
- Assist and perform data entry in library database software with proper bibliographic information.
- Work with the online resources of the library.
- Hire, schedule, and supervise student employees.
- Contribute to the formulation of library policies and procedures.
- To carry out any other duties from time to time that may reasonably be required by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelors and Masters in Information Science and Library Management from any recognized university
- One or two years of experience in this field
- Must have knowledge of research methodologies
- Knowledge of digital library systems and services
- Familiar with the use of online research databases
- Keen knowledge of MS Office
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office application
- Self-motivated, quick learner, able to work independently and also contribute as a team member
- Experience working in a multicultural setting with excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to represent the University in a professional manner
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities, and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description, and three references (Name & Contact Information) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied in the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.