Faculty Position in Development Studies
The Asian University for Women (AUW) seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in Development Studies in the Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) Undergraduate Program.
Located in the port city of Chittagong, Bangladesh, AUW is a liberal arts institution with an international faculty and home to over 1450 students from 16 Asian countries. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at https://asian-university.org.
The term of the appointment is 3 years, renewable for a further period subject to satisfactory performance. AUW values diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from candidates who share that vision.
Field of expertise: A Social Science discipline with a focus on Development Studies. Candidates whose research/teaching are relevant to developing Asian countries are encouraged to apply.
Academic Rank: Assistant Professor to Professor, based on experience.
Start Date: January 2024
- Doctoral degree in International Development, Political Science, Economics, Public Policy, or a related field, from a recognized university. Track record of research of international excellence
- Demonstration of effective teaching in Development Studies or related courses
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability or willingness to teach the liberal arts to students whose native language is not English
- Experience or interest in working in Asia
- Experience or interest in working at women’s colleges
- Serve as Coordinator of the Development Studies Minor
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects, including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing, and presentation
- Attract funding and engage in research
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees
Teaching requirements: Six 4-credit courses per academic year
About the Asian University for Women:
AUW is a multicultural liberal arts university located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, with students from sixteen countries across Asia and the Middle East. Its mission is to graduate women who will be skilled and innovative professionals, service-oriented leaders in the communities in which they will work and live, and promoters of intercultural understanding and sustainable development in Asia and throughout the world. Further information about AUW is available at https://asian-university.org.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references, along with a teaching statement and research statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to candidates who submit materials by November 15, 2023. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.