|Health and Wellness Center
|Dean of Students
The purpose of a Wellness Director is to create and oversee a comprehensive wellness program that promotes physical, mental, and emotional health for the students, faculty and staff of the university. This involves developing, implementing, and evaluating initiatives that promote healthy lifestyles, such as providing access to exercise equipment and nutrition education, as well as addressing any mental or emotional health concerns. The Wellness Director also works to foster a culture of wellness, engaging students in activities and providing resources that support their overall well-being. The Wellness Director is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating various wellness initiatives and strategies to ensure the well-being of the students.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
- Develop and implement wellness initiatives for the AUW student body.
- Create and manage wellness programs on campus.
- Conduct mental health assessments and identify students in risk categories.
- Liaise and coordinate with related departments like OSA / Reslife / HWC and other departments in the university to plan and execute wellness program which lead to better mental health conditions leading to improved academic outcome.
- Provide education, coaching and support to employees on health and well-being topics.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of wellness programs.
- Develop a mental wellness policy to be followed on campus.
- Provide advice and guidance on health and wellness topic.
- Develop outreach and promotional activities to increase awareness of wellness programs.
- Developing and managing the budget.
- Developing SOPs for managing and promoting a safe and secure mental health environment on campus.
- Any other duty as may be assigned.
- Female candidate with Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree in Psychology or related subject.
- Experience of managing mental wellness programs.
- Sound knowledge of best practices for creating a safe and secure mental health environment.
- A good understanding of mental wellbeing issues.
- Strong leadership and listening skills.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a team and adhere to deadlines.
- Conversant with MS Office, working on email and other related software and applications.
- The candidate must be based in Chittagong.
Applicants should consist of a CV detailing relevant qualifications and experience, full employment history and achievements. Send your CV with copy of certificates and name of at least 3 references accompanied by a covering letter describing briefly how candidates meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, why the appointment is of interest and what they believe they can bring to the role addressing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.