Position: Communications Officer
Reports to: University Registrar
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: On a rolling basis
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing and implementing an internal and external communications plan and for producing content to market AUW to identified audience. The post holder will work closely with students and alumnae to showcase University accomplishments (e.g. events, academic partnerships, faculty research etc.). The post holder will create engaging multi-media content which will bring AUW’s name, recognition and reputation to a higher level as an academic institution.
This position is based in Chittagong, Bangladesh, including some travel when necessary for accessing content or receiving training. Based on the eventual hire’s qualifications and interests, as well as the University’s evolving communications needs, the position may develop other areas of responsibility. The ideal candidate will be a creative, responsible individual who is passionate about using storytelling to draw attention to the imperative of women’s education in Asia and the Middle East. Job particulars include:
- Create and implement an external and internal communications plan
- Spearhead communications initiatives to capture and convey on-the-ground University events, student and faculty accomplishments, and alumnae activities
- Assisting senior management team with communication needs (e.g. drafting speech, develop campus-wide e-mail announcements, create brochures for academic programs or events, produce admissions prospectus, etc.)
- Create content in various formats (case studies, articles, press releases, etc.)
- Support marketing activities to achieve Admissions targets
- Monitor media coverage and measure impact
- Support various campus-wide projects that require communications assistance (e.g. writing)
- Demonstrable communications and marketing skills
- Ability to recognize the wide range of university stakeholders both internally and externally and to work creatively, sensitivity and reliably with them
- Proven administrative experience with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office & knowledge of design tools such as Canva/Adobe Suite software (e.g. In Design, Light Room) is desirable.
- Capable to work in a diverse team and simultaneously perform independently
- Quick to learn new things and adaptable to perform ad-hoc tasks.
- Values integrity and professionalism.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2+ year of experience in a similar position
- A proven track record in media relations, knowledge of relevant media channels, and ability to optimize social media are required
- Impeccable English-language writing ability is crucial.
- Previous experience as a journalist, media consultant, or in fundraising preferred.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment with excellent communication skills
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to build constructive partnerships and to engage in effective teamwork
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner and to communicate effectively and persuasively.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description, and three references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to email@example.com Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.