Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Philosophy
The Asian University for Women seeks to appoint an Assistant/Associate Professor of Philosophy to the Undergraduate Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) Program. The term of the appointment will be for three years, renewable for a further period, subject to satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable expertise in Philosophy, and will be expected to teach philosophy-related courses under the PPE course categories as appropriate. She/he will be expected to make a significant contribution to research, identify new opportunities and sources of funding for research and also play an active role in University operations, for example, by taking on a significant administrative role in relation to research and/or teaching.
AUW values diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from candidates who share that vision.
- A doctorate in Philosophy or related field
- Track record of research of international excellence
- Demonstration of effective teaching in Philosophy or related courses
- Ability or willingness to teach the liberal arts to students whose native language is not English
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Experience or interest working in Asia
- Experience or interest working at women’s colleges
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with PPE major.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirements: Six 4-credit courses per academic year.
About the Asian University for Women:
AUW is a multicultural liberal arts university located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, with students from nineteen countries across Asia and the Middle East. Its mission is to graduate women who will be skilled and innovative professionals, service-oriented leaders in the communities in which they will work and live, and promoters of intercultural understanding and sustainable development in Asia and throughout the world. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at https://asian-university.org.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, teaching evaluations, sample publication and the names of three references, along with a teaching statement, research statement, and diversity statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to candidates who submit materials by November 10, 2023. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.