Assistant or Associate Professor of Biostatistics
The Asian University for Women seeks to appoint an Assistant/Associate Professor to the Undergraduate Public Health Program. The successful candidate will have a track record of teaching Biostatistics courses at the undergraduate level, research in public health, and the ability to attract external funding for research.
The term of the appointment will be for three years, renewable for a further period, subject to satisfactory performance.
AUW values diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from candidates who share that vision.
- A doctorate in Biostatistics/Statistics from a recognized university
- Demonstration of effective teaching in relevant courses
- Track record of public health research of international excellence
- Ability and willingness to teach students whose native language is not English
- Strong understanding of inclusivity and diversity in the classroom and beyond
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of the liberal arts model of education
- Experience or interest in working in Asia
- Experience or interest in teaching at women-only institutions.
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students
- Serve as an academic advisor and mentor to students
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing, and presentation of findings
- Attract research funding and engage in research
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees
Teaching requirements: Six 4-credit public health-related courses per academic year, for example, Principles of Biostatistics, Advanced Biostatistics, Data Analysis using SPSS, STATA and R-programming and Probability & Statistics.
About the Asian University for Women:
AUW is a multicultural liberal arts university located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, with students from nineteen countries across Asia and the Middle East. Its mission is to graduate women who will be skilled and innovative professionals, service-oriented leaders in the communities in which they will work and live, and promoters of intercultural understanding and sustainable development in Asia and throughout the world. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at https://asian-university.org.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references, along with a teaching statement, research statement, and diversity statement to email@example.com. Priority will be given to candidates who submit materials by November 30, 2023. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.