Sub-Assistant Engineer (Civil) – SAE
Position: Sub-Assistant Engineer (Civil) – SAE
Unit: AUW- Campus Project
Reports to: Project Engineer
Asian University for Women (AUW), an independent international university with students drawn from 19 countries across Asia and Middle East. It is an educational institution looking for a candidate who holds knowledge in Sub-Assistant Engineer (Civil) – SAE and have 5+ years as a diploma engineer/Sub-Assistant Engineer.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
Responsibilities of Sub-Assistant Engineer (Civil) – SAE staff include, but are not limited to:
- Checking and ensuring the correct layout of structure.
- Checking and ensuring the correctness of RL of formation level of footing including, thickness of cc
- casting, footing casting etc.
- Checking and ensuring the correct placement of reinforcement as per structural design including bardia, spacing, clear cover.
- Checking and ensuring the correct placement of formwork including the support for it.
- Ensuring correct workmanship during pouring of concrete.
- Checking and ensuring the correct ratio of mixed design at the ready mix plant including the quality of
- aggregates, when necessary.
- Receiving the construction materials as per the purchase order/delivery order, when necessary.
- Conducting gradation test of coarse and fine aggregate at site laboratory.
- Checking slump at site and/or at ready mix plant, as necessary.
- Ensuring taking of concrete cylinder for crushing strength test as per the instruction of the Project
- Engineer and sending to the designated laboratory as per required time interval.
- Ensuring the curing of casting surface and all other cemented works.
- Checking the quality of construction materials before use.
- Checking all other civil works during construction.
- Taking measurement of all civil works.
- Assisting the site engineers in preparing bills submitted by contractor(s)/consultant(s).
- Perform any duty as deemed necessary by the Project Engineer.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering from a reputed Technical Institution.
- Certification/experience in plumbing works will be an asset.
- Minimum experience of 5 years as a diploma engineer/Sub-Assistant Engineer.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office suit (MS Word, MS Excel and MS power Point) is a must. Knowledge on AutoCAD and/or Microsoft Project will be an asset.
- Age 25 to 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply.
Chattogram, Chattogram (Chattogram Sadar)
Compensation & other benefits
- According to AUW policy.
Interested applicants should send their CVs along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description, and three references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to email@example.com. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.