Senior Officer – Office of Academic Registry
Position: Senior Officer – Office of Academic Registry
Unit: Academic Registry
Reports to: Head of Academic Registry
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: On a rolling basis
Job Location: Chattogram, Chattogram (Chattogram Sadar)
The Office of Academic Registry (OAR) at AUW directs and leads in all matters relating to the management of academic standards across the University on the implementation of regulations, quality assurance systems, and procedures. Academic Registry is responsible for the academic regulations and supports in the ratification and conferment of university degrees, monitoring activity to ensure the University’s academic standards are upheld.
Core Responsibilities of the Job:
Managing Student Portal Database and administration
- To manage student information system (SIS)- maintain student enrollment record and prepare student status report on a periodical basis.
- Organize registration procedures- enter semester-wise offered courses in the software to finalize the registration procedure each semester. Compile, prepare, and submit Faculty load semester-wise as per registration.
- Updating grades, checking the authenticity of grades in the software, and hardcopy/ softcopy submitted by departments, and monitoring the students’ documents, and semester results are scanned and uploaded correctly in the software. Prepare a probation list and issue letters to the students on probation.
- Conduct surveys, and evaluations and process the reports.
- Assist in preparing the academic calendar and communicate Important Dates and Deadlines for Academics content according to the academic calendar.
- Collect and process the registry forms and issuance of letters, Transcripts, Verification & Attestation of Documents to the students.
Data, Information, and Website
Assist with the collection, maintenance, and archiving of documentation relating to students, courses, and Academic Registry activities.
Committee support and servicing
Act as Secretary where required to and Academic Registry committees, including scheduling, distribution of paperwork, minute taking, and progressing actions and matters arising.
Carry out all duties and responsibilities in line with university policies and procedures.
In addition to the above areas of responsibility, the post holder may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the post as required and other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum graduate with 2/3 years of experience in a similar role (Bachelor’s or Diploma in Computer Science is preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite, preference will be given to candidates with experience working in the student record systems database/ERP in a university setting,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work as a flexible and effective member of a team and recognize the wide range of university stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Proven administrative experience with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail, with the drive and determination to complete work to a high standard.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CVs and copy of certificates along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description, and three references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to email@example.com. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.