Officer – Office of Academic Registry
Position: Officer – Office of Academic Registry
Unit: Academic Registry
Reports to: Head of Academic Registry
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: On a rolling basis
Job Location: Chattogram, Chattogram (Chattogram Sadar)
The Office of Academic Registry (OAR) at AUW directs and leads in all matters relating to the
management of academic standards across the University on the implementation of regulations, quality assurance systems, and procedures. Academic Registry is responsible for the academic regulations and supports in the ratification and conferment of university degrees, monitoring activity to ensure the University’s academic standards are upheld.
Core Responsibilities of the Job:
Data, Information, and Website
Assist with collecting, maintaining, and archiving documentation relating to students, courses, and Academic Registry activities.
Managing Student Portal Database and administration
- Collect and process the registry forms and issuance of letters, Transcripts, Verification and Attestation of Documents to the students.
- To manage student information system (SIS)- maintain student enrollment record and prepare student status report on a periodical basis.
- Organize registration procedures- enter semester-wise offered courses in the software to finalize the registration procedure each semester. Compile, prepare, and submit Faculty load semester-wise as per registration.
- Prepare a probation list and issue letters to the students on probation.
- Conduct surveys, and evaluations and process the reports.
- Communicate Important Dates and Deadlines for Academics content according to the
Committee support and servicing
Act as Secretary where required to and Academic Registry committees, including scheduling, distribution of paperwork, minute taking, and progressing actions and matters arising.
Provide logistical support for the administration of the faculty office, classrooms, and other academic operations of the University. Work with other logistics team members to coordinate incoming faculty (and foreign staff) office setup and handle day-to-day administrative arrangements and communication with concerned departments as necessary.
Carry out all duties and responsibilities in line with university policies and procedures. In addition to the above areas of responsibility, the post holder may be required to undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the post as required and other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree (minimum)
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in the student record systems database/ERP in a university setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work as a flexible and effective team member and recognize the wide range of university stakeholders internally and externally.
- Proven administrative experience, excellent time management skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail, with the drive and determination to complete work to a high standard.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CVs and copy of certificates along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description, and three references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.