Officer – Center for Career Development and International Programs (CDIP)
Position: Officer – CDIP
Unit: Center for Career Development and International Programs (CDIP)
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
Job Location: Chattogram, Chattogram (Chattogram Sadar)
Core Responsibilities of the Job:
- The CDIP Officer will support the senior members of the Center for Career Development and International Programs (CDIP) in all aspects of work.
- Responsible for the ongoing development, provision and delivery of a comprehensive range of career development activities in the areas of career decision-making, educational planning, professional school and continuing education, work search, and employment.
- Extensive research on organizations and graduate schools, sending announcements and emails, developing schedules for visitors, database management, general mailings, assistance with e-mail and telephone follow-ups, webinar and meeting management, CDIP events, and general office duties.
Specific duties are listed below:
- Conduct research on various types of organizations and universities and prepare spreadsheets and brief summaries to support the supervisor. Ensure targeted, quality internship/exchange/job opportunities are available for students and graduates.
- Communicate and network with host organizations for internship and employment placements as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide career counseling and career development sessions for students and graduates and design career counseling plans that are specific to an individual’s unique needs.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the International Board of Programs (IPB) and Faculty/Associate Deans/Dean of Faculty in the selection of students for international programs such as exchange or internships. This would involve starting the application process, passing the names of applicants to the IPB, scheduling interviews, developing orientation and debriefing programs for the selected students.
- Arrange internal and external meetings and take minutes for meetings.
- Assist in preparing and administering budgets for the Center for Career Development and International Programs.
- Develop and oversee organizing of workshops, career /job fairs, major events, forums/conferences for internships, employment, and graduate school applications and speakers on careers that inspire and educate.
- Prepare and maintain the existing CDIP trackers for internship, exchange, grad-school and employment placements. Assist in preparing progress reports on placements.
- Assist with managing and updating CDIP social media platforms.
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from any reputed university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite and handling audio video communication tools like MS Teams/ Zoom, also must know design tools like Canva /Adobe etc.
- 3+ years of Experience
- Experience in School/University Counseling is preferred.
- Good presentation skills
- Quick to learn new things and adaptable to perform ad-hoc tasks
- The candidate must be willing to work onsite (Chittagong, Bangladesh)
Interested applicants should send their CVs with the copy of certificates along with a Cover Letter detailing how their qualifications, skills, abilities and experience meet the specific requirements of the role, as outlined in the job description, and three references (Name & Contact Information) addressing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the position applied on the subject line. The review of applications will begin immediately. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.