Assistant Professor of Macroeconomics
The Asian University for Women seeks to appoint an Assistant Professor in Economics to the Undergraduate Economics/ PPE ( Politics, Philosophy and Economics ) Programs. The successful candidate will have demonstrable expertise in Economics, and will be expected to teach Macroeconomics and its applied courses, with a focus on, and relevance for, developing Asian countries. Further, she/he will be expected to make a significant contribution to research, identify new opportunities and sources of funding for research and also play an active role in University operations, for example, by taking on a significant administrative role in relation to research and/or teaching.
The term of the appointment will be for 3 years, renewable for a further period, subject to satisfactory performance.
AUW values diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from candidates who share that vision.
- A doctorate in Economics, with a specialization in Macroeconomics or related field, from a recognized university.
- Track record of research of international excellence
- Demonstration of effective teaching in Economics or related courses
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability or willingness to teach the liberal arts to students whose native language is not English.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience or interest working in Asia
- Experience or interest working at women’s colleges
- Plan, develop, and teach courses and seminars for undergraduate students with Economics major, as well as Social Analysis courses for the General Education Requirement.
- Serve as academic advisor and mentor to students.
- Supervise students in developing and implementing senior thesis projects including guiding them in data analysis, thesis writing and presentation.
- Attract funding and engage in research.
- Provide leadership and service on academic committees.
Teaching requirements: At least six 4-credit courses per academic year; expected to teach Macroeconomics related courses such as, International Trade; Money and Banking; Macroeconomics for Business Management; Globalization and Stability; Economic Growth; Policies, Institutions and Macroeconomic Performance; Managerial Economics, among others.
About the Asian University for Women:
AUW is a multicultural liberal arts university located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, with students from nineteen countries across Asia and the Middle East. Its mission is to graduate women who will be skilled and innovative professionals, service-oriented leaders in the communities in which they will work and live, and promoters of intercultural understanding and sustainable development in Asia and throughout the world. The university is dedicated to teaching excellence in a liberal arts setting, with a strong commitment to research and scholarly engagement. Further information about AUW is available at https://asian-university.org.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references, along with a teaching statement and research statement to email@example.com. Priority will be given to candidates who submit materials by December 31, 2022. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.