Assistant Professor of International Relations/Politics
The Asian University for Women seeks to appoint an Assistant Professor of International Relations/Politics to the Undergraduate Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) Program. The term of the appointment will be for 3 years, renewable for a further period, subject to satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable expertise in International Relations/Political Science, and will be expected to teach related courses under the PPE course categories as appropriate. She/he will be expected to make a significant contribution to research, identify new opportunities and sources of funding for research and also play an active role in University operations, for example, by taking on a significant administrative role in relation to research and/or teaching.
AUW values diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from candidates who share that vision.
- A doctorate in International Relations/Political Science or related field
- Track record of research of international excellence
- Demonstration of effective teaching in Political Science or related courses
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability or willingness to teach the liberal arts to students whose native language is not English
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience or interest working in Asia
- Experience or interest working at women’s colleges
About the Asian University for Women:
AUW is a multicultural liberal arts university located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, with students from nineteen countries across Asia and the Middle East. Its mission is to graduate women who will be skilled and innovative professionals, service-oriented leaders in the communities in which they will work and live, and promoters of intercultural understanding and sustainable development in Asia and throughout the world.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references, along with a teaching statement and research statement to email@example.com. Priority will be given to candidates who submit materials by December 31, 2022. However, applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.